Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Chariots of Fire

Chariots Of Fire



We are now getting nearer to our dream of the 'Aussie life'

  • We now have a house...we should move in by the end of September.
  • We are now getting nice weather... 27 degrees as I type.
  • We have settled jobs.
  • We (James and myself) are training for the new Cricket Season.
  • The wine is cheap....
  • The food is great....

So why oh why did I agree to get up at 6am on Sunday the 27th and run 12km.

Well I have always liked to run and I have always undertaken brave challenges...New York Marathon...Drinking with my wifes family...arguing with Jackie...etc

However the last two bullet points have impaired my judgement and waistline.

You see like most men I can look in the mirror and kid myself. I looked and saw Linford Christie, sadly I now run more like Agatha Christie.

Myself and a friend. Peter Bampton...(picture Grant Mitchell's head with Peggy Mitchells legs and Pat Butchers build) set out to compete in the Perth City to Surf 12km run.

Well, the weather was hot, Peter beat me by 2 mins and a woman dressed as an Ostrich crossed the finish line with me.

Is it time to hang up the trainers...no way. As I type I can see my reflection in the window and do you know I think I have lost weight... I can see a touch of the young Daley Thompson.......

Love

Stew


2 Comments:

At 4:33 AM , Blogger David Potts said...

More like Emma Thompson.

 
At 10:28 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

or Aubrey Thompson!!!

PS Love the diary....

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home