Monday, October 09, 2006

First Match Blues

And so the season starts...

Matches over here take place over two weekends.
You bat or field one and the other next weekend.
The matches are 72 overs each innings.

So to my first match.
I was hoping to open the innings however disaster struck in the warm up.....Whilst diving for a ball..well falling in the general direction of the ball I landed on my wrist which promptly ballooned up are bandage later and I can hardly hold a bat...'I'll drop down the order skip"

Now this decision was probably wise as the Whitfords opening bowler was at least 6' 6" and overheard to have said "I wanted to bowl at the pommie b*****d"

Our two new openers, 'monkey' and 'sweetballs' did a great job putting on 90 we finished with 240 and I didn't have to bat...great start eh...

Still I expect to bowl next week. The skipper 'Smithy' tells me I will bowl.

The match was played seriously with a warm up team talk..all done properly and a debrief.

At the end of the match fines are handed out for crap shots $1 drops $1 etc and having a hairy arse in one case (sweetballs) $5. Me $5 fine for being a pommie and wearing Union Jack shorts....... Gill is not for turning

Still beer was cold and the company good.

Stew

1 Comments:

At 5:18 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK.

I'm gonna bet a thousand Aussie Dollars that your wrist 'injury' only happened AFTER you saw the opening bowler.

Potts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home