Thursday, October 05, 2006

Gilly Unleashed

The Season is upon us.....

I am an Ocean Ridge Player...

The first Match is this Saturday October 7th against our arch rivals Whitfords.

A full match report will follow...

I have now acquired a 'nickname', the ever reliable 'Gilly' ...or on occasion of my wearing my Union Jack shorts...'you pommie ba****d..we will have those off the first time your pissed'

Any how I am starting in the 3rd team (they have 5) so I am happy with that if you do well you do get chances in the 1st and 2nd's ...same applies if you are poor..

The lads are great and I have been welcomed.

The games are taken very seriously and the tone, I am told, is very combative...right up my cricketing street...how long before I piss someone off ...1 match...one over...one ball...???

Wish me luck as I represent England in the colonies...

Ashes fever is also building up. I insist on reminding my team mates that we 'hold' the ashes they predict a 5-0 destruction come the series. They then proceed to bombard me in the nets with cries of 'hit that pommie'...

Aussie life has taken a turn for the better we now have our own home....Pool... jacuzzi... theatre room with huge projector screen...games room.... but eh we still miss home... weird eh.

Australia would be heaven with family and friends here.

Boys are happy. James is looking fit and looking forward to his Cricket season starting.
Stephen charms everyone and 'got married' at kindergarten...however he forgot to invite mum and dad...kids eh.

Jackie and I are getting on better than ever enjoying our work and colleagues. Although the health services are in need of a overhaul.

Any how get ready for more regular blogs.


Stew

1 Comments:

At 3:33 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to a report full of blood and guts. Yours when those fast bowlers play 'ping the pommie' and the rest of your team when you get them into a fight over a four year old lobbing a ball at you. Potts

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home